Friday, February 22, 2008

Chapter 2

Another round, I actually got something down. ok, so, ...saliva covered teeth...

"Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I let out the most girly, the most craven screech imaginable.
Another drop of saliva dripped onto my nose. I wanted to dash away, but the animal the chompers belonged to would have quickly chased me down. And ripped my to shreds. I gulped.
I shut my eyes. I muttered a prayer.

"What ho, Hound! What poor creature have you cornered now, hm? Ah, haha! Nothing but a girl! For shame, Hound! You do not pounce on young women! It is rude."
The young man in front of me pulled the front of his dapper coat. How stereotypical British, I thought.

"Hmm...little girl with the bonnie brown hair, what is you name?" He held out his pale hand.
I stared at it. I ruminated what I should do next. Oh yeah, take the hand for a lift up.

"My name is Molly Clark, Fiction Extraordinaire." I held my nose high, trying to act impressive.

"Well, Miss Clark, I am Fred Ritz. This is my monster of a dog, The Hound of Ulster. My mother was Irish." He gave me a wink.

"Really?" my eyes grew wide. My eyes drifted back over the looming beast. He stood like a dignified noble. The Hound put my own attempts for an imposing stance to shame. His size was imposing , too. He was an enormous wolf hound, larger than any normal dog should be. Actually, he seemed larger than any dog could be. Why, I could ride the thing like a horse! If I could ride a horse, I thought.

"Miss Clark," Fred placed his hands behind his back, "it looks like rain, tumultuous rain really. Would you like a ride for shelter at my humble abode?"

"Your 'humble abode'?" I said.

"Yes, it is but a hop-skip-and-a-jump, and we are there. And the ride is absolutely safe and exhilarating all at the same time, even if he does look a tad bit menacing." Fred glanced at The Hound. His blond hair scintillated in the the sun beams.

"So, Miss Clark, will you join me for a ride?"

2 comments:

~Just*Flinn~ said...

Hee hee! I like it! And I love your accents! LOL! I loved it!

saved monster said...

thanks!!!